On-the-Go Summer Salad
- 4 Tbsp. balsamic or nondairy dressing
- 3 large strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup sprouts
- 1/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 cup arugula or spinach
- Pour the dressing into a 1-quart jar. (It’s important that the dressing be placed at the very bottom and as far away from the lettuce as possible in order to keep the greens crispy and fresh.)
- Layer the strawberries, mushrooms, and tomatoes in the jar and top with the sprouts and arugula. Store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat.
- To eat, empty the salad onto a bowl or plate. You can also shake the salad and enjoy right from the jar—just don’t forget to BYOF (bring your own fork!).
If you’re anything like me, your summers are jam-packed with endless adventures. The last thing that you want to do while you’re on the go is to stress about what’s for lunch, right? So, whether you’re meeting up with friends at the beach, headed out to a protest to speak up for animals, or just running errands with your mom and dad, grab one of these quick and easy salads from your fridge and enjoy nature’s ultimate fast food: fresh fruits and veggies. 🙂