Wild Rice–Stuffed Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup rainbow chard, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 5 basil leaves, diced
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cooking pumpkin, seeds and pulp removed and top reserved
• Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
• In a skillet, sauté the mushrooms, zucchini, rainbow chard, garlic, and basil in 1 tablespoonful of the oil. Cook until the veggies are soft, about 5 minutes. Mix in the rice.
• Place the pumpkin on the baking sheet and brush the inside with the remaining oil. Add in the rice-and-veggie mixture and put the pumpkin’s top back on.
• Roast for 1.5 to 2 hours or until the pumpkin can be easily pierced with a fork.
Note: Don’t have all the ingredients above? No worries! We also suggest adding veggies like kale, carrots, and onions as well as mock meats like those from Field Roast and even pecans. The possibilities are truly endless with this recipe.
Makes 2 servings