Vegan Rainbow Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Vegan Rainbow Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
3/4 cup mozzarella-style vegan cheese shreds (we used Follow Your Heart)
5 colors cruelty-free food coloring
1/2 Tbsp. vegan butter or mayo
2 slices bread
- Divide the vegan cheese shreds evenly among 5 small bowls—1 per color—and add 3 drops of food coloring to each, mixing well to distribute the color evenly.
- Warm a large pan over medium heat.
- Spread the vegan butter or mayo on one side of each bread slice. Place slices butter-side down in the pan.
- On each slice, create colorful rows made out of the vegan cheese shreds. Top with the remaining bread slices, butter-side up.
- Fry until golden brown, then flip and fry the other sides until golden brown and the vegan cheese has melted.
Text peta2 to 30933 for ways to help animals, tips on compassionate living, and more!
Terms for automated texts/calls from peta2: http://peta.vg/txt. Text STOP to end, HELP for more info. Msg/data rates may apply. U.S. only.