14 Mistakes Every Vegan Has Made
1. Not draining tofu before cooking with it
I hope you like your tofu scramble soupy.
P.S. Cook it right!
2. Yelling at your nonvegan friends for eating meat
We get it, you want the whole world to go vegan. We want that, too, but yelling at your friends won’t get you (or animals!) anywhere.
3. Assuming that all lactose-free products are vegan
BEWARE: Many products labeled as lactose-free can still contain dairy products. Be sure to check the label to make sure that products are 100 percent dairy-free!
4. Thinking that all you can eat is celery
5. Thinking that peanut butter contains butter and that coconut milk contains milk
I know you were asking yourself this. Don’t worry—it’ll be our little secret.
6. Ordering the salad option at restaurants
7. Not being sure if soda is vegan
8. Thinking that French fries are a food group
French fries are a gift from the carb gods, but as much as it hurts, you can’t live off them alone. There are so many delicious vegan foods out there calling your name and waiting for you to give them a try!
9. Thinking that you’re still a vegetarian if you eat fish
10. Resorting to eating peanuts and pretzels when traveling
11. Wearing only brown, grassy-looking clothes
Dude, vegan clothes are EVERYWHERE!
12. Sabotaging yourself on Facebook
Don’t spam yourself—it just overwhelms people. Instead post recipes, videos, and photos of yummy vegan food. Oh, and don’t forget to let people know how they can help!
And don’t forget to “like” peta2 on Facebook!
13. Letting fear stop you from protesting
Just stand there with a poster and smile for several minutes. That’s it.
Want to organize your own? Let us know, and we’ll help and hook you up with FREE materials!
Everybody makes mistakes, and waiters will be quick to fix something if you’re polite. It’s just Being a Human 101.