Nelson Mandela’s Legacy of Peace
Posted December 5, 2013 by Kim Johnson
Nelson Mandela was a man who risked his own life to advocate for the freedom of others. Not only did Mandela’s work help to end apartheid–legalized racial segregation–in South Africa, he also set a powerful example for all peaceful activists, showing that they must rattle the “cages” of what society feels is acceptable in order to help those who are suffering.
Mandela’s compassion extended to animals—he was a patron of the National Council of SPCAs, which works to improve the standards for animal welfare in communities in South Africa.
Never be silent! Share Nelson Mandela’s legacy of peace.
- Comments (2)
- Why SeaWorld's Tanks Can NEVER Be Enough
- 9 Vegan Pumpkin-Spice Treats You Need to Try
- Four Reasons to Stop What You're Doing and Watch 'Once Upon a Time'
- How This Selfie Might Change Everything For Animals
- Why Steel-Jaw Traps Belong in Horror Movies
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!