Mediterranean Artichoke-Bean Sammie
- 1 cup leafy greens
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 can white beans
- 1 can artichokes, halved
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- Seasonings, to taste (we ♥ black pepper and pink salt)
• Mix the leafy greens, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl and nuke for 1 minute.
• Drain the can of white beans and transfer to a bowl.
• Mash the beans with a mortar and pestle or a fork until smooth (we like it a little chunky), then season as desired.
• Spread the bean mix onto each slice of bread
• Place half of the leafy green mix and 3 to 4 artichoke halves on one slice of bread, then top with another slice of bread. Repeat with the remaining slices, then don your monocle and top hat. You earned it.