Whether you’re ready to stop paying for cows to suffer from painfully engorged udders while enduring unbearable heartbreak when their babies are taken away from them …
Or you want to reduce your risk of developing cancer, heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, and other deadly diseases. And you’re just plain sick of being gassy and bloated all the time (!!!) …
Or you want to avoid consuming and supporting destructive “products” that are contributing immensely to ocean dead zones, greenhouse-gas emissions, rainforest destruction, species extinction, water waste, etc. …
This list of dairy “product” alternatives will make it so easy for you to achieve all those things and MORE! Even if dairy-based foods are a big part of your diet, barely anything has to change. Just swap them out for the awesome nondairy options below. It’s as easy as one, two, tweak.
And don’t worry if your local grocery store doesn’t carry some of these brands—all these products can be ordered online, and it’s likely that your grocery store carries other, similar vegan options that you can try out, too.
- Alfredo sauce: Try vegan alfredo sauce by Victoria Vegan—it comes in Artichoke, Arugula Pesto, Original, and Red Pepper flavors.
Keeping it simple for Christmas Eve dinner this year. After a hectic day of last minute shopping, I stopped by @abbyshealthfood with @jamgymnast and we found some vegan butternut squash ravioli from @rising_moon_pasta , some vegan roasted red pepper alfredo sauce from #victoriavegan , along with some frozen organic veggies. @followyourheart parmesan of course! ??? ☆ This meal took less than 30 minutes and was documented by @jamgymnast on video, which she is editing as I type this. ****************************************** ** UPDATE: YouTube link is in my Bio! ** ??? ☆ For dessert? Vegan chocolate chip cookies and some homemade cookies that @bella5212016 made yesterday with my sister-in-law and nephew. Delicious! ??? #veganbomb
- Bleu cheese: Try Just Like Blue Cheese by Violife.
- Bleu cheese dressing: Try High Omega Vegan Bleu Cheese dressing by Follow Your Heart.
- Block cheese: Try American, Mozzarella, Provolone, Cheddar, Monterey Jack, and Garden Herb vegan block cheeses by Follow Your Heart.
- Butter: Try Buttery Spread by Earth Balance.
Have you ever seen a more perfect pancake? Thank you @KikiShields for uploading this image. . . . #Vegan #GoPlantMade #EarthBalance #PlantMade #Pancakelove #PlantBased #Carbsohard #Carbsarelife #veganbreakfast #bbgcommunity #wholefoods #vegansofig #breakfast #breakfastofchampions #Feedyoursoul #veganshare #dairyfree #droolclub #Goodmorning
- Caesar dressing: Try Chao Classic Caesar Dressing and Dip by Field Roast.
- Cheese wheel: Try artisanal Vegan Cheese Wheels by Miyoko’s in Classic Double Cream Chive, Sundried Tomato Garlic, Garlic Herb, Rustic Alpine, Sharp Farmhouse, Smoked Farmhouse, Herbs de Provence, Black Ash, Winter Truffle, and Fresh Loire Valley flavors.
This is the BEST cheese I have ever tried! ?? I was always a big cheese fan, until I found out about what really happens in dairy farms. ? BUT vegan cheeeese is SO freakin delicious. I have tons of favorites!!! This one just made it’s way to the top of my all time favorites! DELISH❣️#vegancheese #miyokoscreamery #cashewcheese #chivecheese #vegancheesewheel #vegan #cashew #whatveganseat #veganism #animalsarefriends #dairyisscary #miyokos #miyokoskitchen #govegan
- Cheesecake: Try Cheezecake by Daiya—it comes in New York, Key Lime, Chocolate, and Strawberry varieties.
- Cheetos: Try Chickpea Puffs by Hippeas in Vegan White Cheddar, Far Out Fajita, Sriracha Sunshine, Pepper Power, and Bohemian Barbecue flavors.
- Cheezits: Try Vegan Cheddar Flavor Squares by Earth Balance.
- Chocolate milk: Try Almond Breeze Chocolate Almondmilk by Blue Diamond.
- Chocolate peanut butter cups: Try Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups by Justin’s.
- Coffee creamer: Try Plant-Based Half & Half by Ripple in Original and Vanilla flavors.
- Cream cheese: Try Plain, Chive, and Jalapeño Cream Cheese Style Spread by Kite Hill.
Finally tried the @kitehillcheese cream cheese style spread. And OMG. I'm obsessed. I can't stop eating it. Love it on an everything bagel. The ingredients are minimal and it's made from almonds! It seriously is a wonder the kinds of foods can be made from nuts these days. Being a vegan just keeps getting better and better. #vegan #vegancreamcheese #kitehill #kitehillcreamcheese #madefromalmonds
- Doritos: Try Nacho Bean Chips by Beanfields.
- Drumsticks (ice cream): Try Yours Truly Vanilla by Tofutti.
- Feta cheese: Try Just Like Feta by Violife.
- Fresh Mozzarella: Try Fresh Italian Style Vegan Mozz by Miyoko’s.
- Frozen burritos: Try microwaveable burritos by Amy’s Kitchen in Bean and Rice, Black Bean, Breakfast, and Tofu Scramble styles.
- Frozen lasagna: Try Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Vegetable Lasagna by Amy’s Kitchen.
- Frozen pizza: Try Gluten-Free Pizza by Daiya in Pepperoni, Supreme, Meatless Meat Lover’s, Spinach & Mushroom, Cheese Lover’s, Margherita, Fire-Roasted Vegetable, and Mushroom & Roasted Garlic varieties.
- Goat cheese: Try Ne Chèvre Live Culture Cashew Cheeze by Heidi Ho.
- Greek yogurt: Try Kite Hill Greek Style Almond Milk Yogurt in Peach, Blueberry, Plain, Strawberry, and Vanilla flavors.
What’s for lunch? It’s vegan pumpkin chili and spaghetti squash topped with a dollop of vegan almond Greek style yogurt! Yummy! . #veganchili, #pumpkinchili, #sproutedchili, #vegansofig, #veganfoodshare, #veganlunch, #vegan, #kitehillgreekyogurt, #spaghettisquash, #yummy, #healthy, #autoimmune, #lymewarrior
- Hot Pockets: Try Pocket Meals by Gardein—they come in Eggless Scramble Breakfast, BBQ Porkless, Chick’n, and Meatless Pepperoni Pizza varieties.
- Ice cream: Try Snickerdoodle Cashewmilk Dairy-Free Frozen Dessert by So Delicious or one of the brand’s many other nondairy ice cream flavors.
- Ice cream sandwiches: Try Vanilla, Chocolate, Cookies’n Cream, and Mint Chocolate Chip Tofutti Cuties.
- M&Ms: Try Gems by Unreal in Dark Chocolate Peanut or Dark Chocolate Crispy Quinoa varieties.
- Mac and cheese: Try Ch’eesy Mac or Ch’eesy Bacon Mac by Upton’s Naturals.
? Been so off my game, that I didn't know this was happening. @uptonsnaturals has the noochiest mac n' cheese in the market! I have to be honest and say non-vegans may not go for this, BUT it definitely has success amongst vegans…at least if you've been vegan long enough to have our refined palette ? #LoveLettertoVegans
- Milk: Try Almond Breeze Almondmilk by Blue Diamond.
- Milk chocolate: Try Creamy Coconut Mylk Chocolate by Loving Earth.
Wishing I had more chocolate from @loving_earth right about now. They had me at vegan cheesecake. Loved the taste and smooth, creamy texture of the bars, and that they had just the right amount of sweetness from coconut sugar. #vegan #veggiefixation #vegancheesecake #expowest #vegansatexpo #chocolatelover
- Nacho cheese: Try Nacheez Dairy-Free Nacho Sauce
So glad we had juice for breakfast today because it was #nachos for dinner! #Tortilla chips, #refried beans, seasoned #veggie #crumbles, #nacheez nacho cheese sauce, lazy #guacamole, #tofutti sour cream and #jalapeños! #vegan #veganblogger #veganblog #blog #blogger #eatplantsnotanimals #veganfoodshare #vegansofig #veggielovinglife #veganforlife #meatlessmondayiseveryday #anythingyoucaneaticaneatvegan #whatsonyourplate #plantbased #noanimalsharmed #vegansofig #vegannachos
- Parmesan cheese: Try Parmesan Style Shredded Cheese Alternative by Follow Your Heart.
- Popcorn: Try Vegan Buttery Flavor Popcorn by Earth Balance.
- Premade lattes: Try Califia Farms’ many different flavors of cold-brew coffee.
- Protein powder: Try Vega Sport Protein by Vega.
- Pudding: Try Simply Delish pudding in Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry flavors.
- Ranch: Try Chao Cracked Peppercorn Ranch Dressing and Dip by Field Roast.
- Ravioli: Try Mushroom or Spinach Ricotta Ravioli by Kite Hill.
- Ricotta cheese: Try almond milk Ricotta by Kite Hill.
- Shredded cheese: Try Follow Your Heart Gourmet Shreds in Pizzeria Blend, Cheddar, Mozzarella, and Fiesta Blend.
- Sliced cheese: Try Follow Your Heart Gourmet Slices in Pepper Jack, Smoked Gouda, Provolone, Garden Herb, Mozzarella, and American.
- Sour cream: Try Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream.
@delishknowledge Topped these fajitas enchiladas with @tofuttibrands #vegan & #nondairy #sourcream . The recipe for these fajita enchiladas are finally up on her blog. ??? . . . . . #feedfeed #vegan #plantbased #dinner #recipe #rdchat #yummly #buzzfeedfood #buzzfeast #huffposttaste #stleats #mindbodygram #inmykitchen #goopmake #food52 #stlbloggers #eeeeeats #vegetarian #whatvegetarianseat #cincodemayo #ontheblog #todayfood #huffposttaste
- Sour cream and onion chips: Try Vegan Sour Cream & Onion Flavor Kettle Chips by Earth Balance.
- Tartar sauce: Try Follow Your Heart Vegenaise Tartar Sauce.
- Vodka sauce: Try Vegan Original Vodka Sauce by Victoria Vegan.
- Whipped cream: Try Soyatoo! Soy Whip.
- Yogurt: Try Almond Milk Yogurt by Kite Hill in Plain, Vanilla, Peach, Blueberry, Strawberry, Pineapple, Key Lime, Plain Unsweetened, and Caramel flavors.
- Queso: Try melting some Vegan Gourmet Nacho Cheese Alternative by Follow Your Heart.
The consumption of dairy “products” is linked to an increased risk of developing acne, osteoporosis, breast cancer, and pervy-looking mustaches. Milk comes from cows who are kidnapped, confined, raped, mutilated, and slaughtered. Dairy industry workers kill precious baby cows. And dairy “products” are full of pus (mhmm). You deserve better.
This list—which contains just a teeny fraction of all the options out there—gives you a starting point for exploring the other dairy-free products that you might see in your grocery store. Other brands making delicious dairy-free foods include Annie’s, Ben & Jerry’s, Breyer’s, GO VEGGIE, Halo Top, Luna & Larry’s, Punk Rawk Labs, Silk, Talenti, Tofurky, Treeline Treenut Cheese, and so many others that we couldn’t include them all.