Many of us strive to be more fit in the new year, but putting the effort into changing your diet is another story. Don’t worry! Here are some life hacks that will help you eat healthier without actually trying:
1. Use nondairy butter (try Earth Balance) or coconut oil to replace butter. Hellooo, happy arteries!
Breakfast is served! #EarthBalance on a bagel with fresh fruit from @dana_afanass – how do you love to #GoPlantMade in the morning? . . . . . . . . . . . #breakfastofchampions #breakfastcriminals #tiuapproved #bgbcommunity #bbgcommunity #f52 #eeeeeats #movenourishbelieve #feedyoursoull #foods4thought #vegansofig #veganfoodshare #healthyfoodshare #healthspo #foodblogfeed #heresmyfood #droolclub #snacktime #thatsdarling #huffposttaste #fitnessfoodie #cheatclean #eatclean #foodisfuel #bagels #grapefruit #feedfeed #buzzfeast
2. Eat Gardein’s “chicken” tenders instead of chicken nuggets. You won’t even be able to tell the difference.
3. Replace hamburger patties with the Beyond Burger. It has fewer calories and is just as delicious.
4. Keep healthy snacks in your locker, car, backpack, etc., so that you’re less likely to go for junk food. Carry things like fruit, granola bars, veggies and dip, and trail mix.
Just filmed the #veganmayo taste test video. It will be edited tomorrow. Stay tuned to #TheVeggieNut #youtube (link in bio). There are so many different kinds of #veganmayonnaise these days, you will surely find one you like! #GoVegan #vegan #vegantastetest #veganreviews #vegansofyoutube #veganalternatives #bestveganmayo #justmayo #vegenaise #followyourheart #earthbalance #earthbalancemayo #nasoya #nayonaise #spectrum #Hellmans #traderjoes #traderjoesveganmayo #wholefoodsveganmayo #365veganmayo #sirkensingtons #fabanaise
7. For an easy snack, try dipping veggies in hummus instead of ranch dip—or make your own French onion dip with French onion dip powdered mix and Tofutti sour cream. You’ll love it!
8. Eat “zoodles” (zucchini noodles) instead of traditional pasta.
✨ Eating foods of low caloric density, such as fruits and vegetables, has been cited as a probable method of extending longevity.? -Dr Douglas N. Graham in the "The 80/10/10 diet" book.?????????? I'm having a raw #noodles bowl for #dinner tonight? here we have #zoodles , cuddles (cucumber noodles?), beet noodles (boodles?!), cherry tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, celery, almonds, #strawberries and chopped romaine lettuce. For the dressing I will probably blend cashews, cilantro and lemon juice together ? My fav sauce of the moment?? And you guys, what is your fav dressing for raw noodles? I wish you all a beautiful week guys? keep it healthy and delicious?? #dinnertime
9. Replace cow’s milk with soy, almond, or coconut milk. DYK that fortified soy milk has MORE calcium than cow’s milk?
10. Instead of potato chips, snack on kale chips or Snapea Crisps.
Nacho 'Cheese' Kale Chips ✨ Simon & I are on our way to a catered dinner at @carolinevanhoekgallery and I'm munching on these crunchy chips ? I made them in the dehydrator with a smoky cashew cheese sauce. They're super easy to make + they don't contain any added oils! You can check out the recipe in my book #julienatuurlijk (also available in English ?). Have you ever tried kale chips? What's your favorite flavor? I've tried them with chocolate too, interesting combo haha ? Photo credit @heikkiverdurme
11. Make a tofu scramble instead of scrambled eggs. It is yummy and has tons of protein—and you don’t have to worry about salmonella.
12. Opt for dairy-free ice cream (try Ben & Jerry’s and So Delicious). It’s still a dessert, but it’s a slightly healthier dessert. J
13. Make a tempeh BLT instead of one with greasy bacon. Trust us—you’ll love it. Plus, studies show that processed meat can cause cancer.
If you haven’t gotten the hint by now, what we’re basically saying is that you can live a healthier life just by going vegan. 😉 So check out our Guide to Going Vegan and get started!