DYK that a Korean market can actually be a vegan food gold mine? Don’t let the thought of fish sauce scare you away. There are plenty of yummy things to eat that don’t harm fish—or any animals for that matter. 🙂
My family used to get this delivered to our door every morning. I loved the strawberry flavor.
6. Haitai sweet red bean bar—I know this sounds scary, but it actually tastes like candy!
8. Mammos coffee- and mint-flavored candies
9. Haechandle soybean and red pepper pastes
10. Nongshim ramyun
11. Kalguksu (fresh noodles)—These egg-like noodles are the perfect addition to any soup.
13. Kimchi—This is traditionally made with fish, shrimp, or oyster sauce, so I was ecstatic to see that my local Korean-food store carried a vegan option. White kimchi is often already vegan.
14. Prepared rice—You know I couldn’t have made a Korean-food list without mentioning rice. 😉
15. The deli section often has a lot of vegan choices, too. Just be sure to double-check the labels.
Still feeling hungry? Check out our vegan Asian snack guide! ?