Who doesn’t love a good frappe? Sadly, some frappes are made with cow’s milk. Cows produce milk for the same reason that humans do: to nourish their babies. In order to force them to produce milk continually, factory farm workers typically impregnate cows over and over again using artificial insemination. Calves are generally torn away from their mothers within a day or two of birth. Male calves are destined to end up in cramped veal crates or on barren feedlots, where they’ll be fattened for beef, and females are sentenced to the same sad fate as their mothers. So sad. 🙁
Here’s the good news: With some minor adjustments, ALL of the following Starbucks blended drinks can be made completely vegan!
Caffè Vanilla Frappuccino Blended Coffee
- Order this with nondairy milk and no whipped cream.
Caramel Frappuccino Blended Coffee
- Make this frappe cruelty-free by getting it with nondairy milk and no whipped cream or caramel drizzle.
Cinnamon Dolce Frappuccino Blended Coffee
- This can be easily veganized with nondairy milk, no topping, and no whip.
Coffee Frappuccino Blended Coffee
- The coffee frappe doesn’t come with whipped cream, so just order it with nondairy milk.
Espresso Frappuccino Blended Coffee
- Same deal as the coffee frappe—it doesn’t come with whipped cream, so just choose a cruelty-free milk.
Green Tea Crème Frappuccino Blended Crème
- This delicious green drink can be made vegan with nondairy milk and no whip.
Midnight Mint Mocha Frappuccino
- Get it with soy milk and ask for no whip on top or in the center.
Mocha Frappuccino Blended Coffee
- Ask for this with nondairy milk and no whip.
Oprah Cinnamon Chai Crème Frappuccino Blended Crème
- Starbucks teamed up with Oprah Winfrey to create this drink! It’s vegan if you order it with soy, almond, or coconut milk and no whipped cream.
Salted Caramel Mocha Crème Frappuccino
- To make this drink vegan, replace the caramel sauce with caramel syrup and ask for a nondairy milk. Don’t forget to say, “No whipped cream.”
Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino Blended Beverage
- It sounds similar, but this drink is different from the Salted Caramel Mocha Crème Frappuccino®—the blended beverage version has coffee in it, and the crème version doesn’t. However, they can both be made vegan the same way: by swapping the caramel sauce with caramel syrup and asking for a nondairy milk and no whip.
Strawberries & Crème Frappuccino Blended Crème
- Woohoo! Try it coconut milk and without whipped cream, and you’re good to go.
Now that you know how to veganize Starbucks’ Frappuccinos, you’re ready to enjoy these icy beverages all year long! Saving animals has never been so delicious. ❤️ ☕